This week last year, the Jenna Kutcher podcast Goal Digger Episode 006: How to Pack Punch with Words went live—and just in case you missed it, I wanted to make sure you got a chance to tune in!
Jenna’s team emailed me this week to tell me my episode had been downloaded 20K times, my eyes got pretty big …
… and I’m beyond honored to always get to share the story of this little business, how it came to be despite a really messy start, and how God’s worked in our lives.
My sweet friend and client Jenna and chat through my personal story about making the transition from the corporate world into owning my own calligraphy and copywriting business—and how we first met over jalapeno margaritas (a GREAT place for a friendship to begin, dontcha think?).
In the episode, I share tips about how to find your voice online as well as building a business starting with your email list.
Scroll a little more to learn what all we chatted up!
In Episode 006: How to Pack Punch with Your Words, Jenna and I chatted about:
- How I entered into the PR world of communication & media (1:25)
- What the side-hustle jaunt was like for me, as I filled orders as a wedding calligrapher after my 9-to-5 working in corporate PR (2:44)
- My story about an eating disorder and partial hospitalization for anorexia, general anxiety, and depression
- How to see a gap in the market (6:15) & how you can fill it
- The #1 thing that ACTUALLY makes sales in your business … and how to put it to work for you (9:38)
- Tips to find your online voice & building a business with an email list (11:00)
- What to send out to your email list each week (& how to add value, knowledge, and inspiration to your weekly emails) (20:45)
- A go-to tip for self-editing your work when you can’t quite afford a copywriter (26:48)
- How to keep your brand on point to have that connection with your audience (36:40)
Resources mentioned:“There is not such a thing as too long, but there is such a thing as too boring. Click To Tweet
Goodness me, I love my sweet Jenna girl—I’m so excited to share this (again, since this time last year, I only posted about it on Instagram—ha!). Click to tune into Episode 006, and let me know what you think!
Are you a listener of Jenna Kutcher’s podcast? Love me some Goal Digger!