Ah, talking about how to write high-converting copy.
I told Davey, that if I could pick a brother I didn’t get when I came out of the womb—a brother in this industry, or a twin I didn’t get when I was birthed into the creative world—I felt like it would be him.
Is that weird?
Probably, but I don’t care. He’s just as nerdy about the tech behind funnels and online marketing in the wedding industry as I am.
Getting to meet Krista and Davey Jones was one of my highlights at the Creative at Heart conference last year, mostly because I’ve looked up to their marriage, their intellect, and their reputation in the creative industry since before I left my corporate gig.
Today, I’m honored to swing your way with a new podcast episode over on the NEW Brands That Book Podcast—where Krista and Davey help creative businesses find more clients and build their brands.
Brands That Book is a podcast for creative, service-based businesses who want to build their brands and—wait for it—find more clients. I don’t know about you, but I’m always down to hear how other people are getting after it.
On this episode, I dig into practical strategies for writing high converting web copy. If that’s something you need, tune into Episode #002 | How to Write High-Converting Web Copy of the Brands That Book show to learn:
- About the lightbulb moment when I realized how to translate what I did in the corporate sector to the creative industry, where I wanted to start working (and why, at first, I didn’t want to niche!!)
- How I found my first clients
- The 4 things you need to think through before you start writing copy for your audience
- And more!
Click here to check it the full transcript and iTunes listening details, or just hit play below!
- My story where I leave corporate marketing and jump into the creative entrepreneur pool [3:46]
- Why I’m planning to keep a multi-passionate business under one roof, and not split the business into copywriting and calligraphy, separately [15:51]
- Why a saturated market is a GOOD thing to go into—but why I didn’t do that [25:48]
- How to find the “gap in the market” [29:00]
- How iPhone readers are affecting where your call-to-action button goes [49:28]
- Off the top of my head tips on how you can write a better about page [51:00]
- The top three books I’d recommend for anyone who wants to learn how to write killer copy [54:10]
Resources mentioned include:
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
- Copywriting for Creatives
- My lawyer, Christina Scalera, and her contract template shop
- Essentialism by Greg McKeowan
- The Illume Retreat ← I’ll be speaking here in April! Let me know if you’ll be there!
Again, I am so grateful to link arms with Krista and Davey. They’re two of the brightest, most integrity-filled people in the biz, and it was a blast getting to jump on their show!
Click here (or just watch the video!) to listen in, and let me know what you learned in the comments below!