Well, I knew this was coming. I just thought it’d be in 2018 … not 2017! But on a looooong phone call, my friend Jenna Kutcher said, “Girl, I’m going to push you out of ‘someday’ and into ‘why not now.'”
And I’m into that.
We’re thrilled to announce that Ashlyn Writes is hiring!
After much, MUCH thought, prayer, and consideration, we’ve decided to expand our tiny-but-might team of two (me and my studio manager, Shan [my mama!] … 3 if you count my sweet husband and ‘Board President’ Wes!), and link arms with someone who will add great value to our business … and our lives. Ashlyn Writes has grown like wildfire over the past 11 months, and we’re so very excited to move forward into the next phase of our business. We’re at max-capacity on the copywriting arm of our business, and the copy side of things? Well, it’s beyond my ability as one person.
Thus, we’ve created the Associate Copywriter position, a contracted job that will help efficiently move AW forward.
Applicants must be go-gettin’ self-starters, motivated workers, sharp writers, and eager to learn. As an Associate Copywriter, you’ll be involved in helping bring back our Brand Storytelling package, unscrambling a brain dump from creative clients into our studio-specific brand messaging method (don’t worry, I have the formula set — I just need a writer to get it teed up for me!) and then into organized website copy for further review.
The position is a remote position. If you’re an aspiring copywriter or know how to write sales copy, that’s great, but not required for consideration. We may or may not expand this position to include launch copywriting training in the future.
This is not a paid internship … we’re looking for someone to join our team year-round as a paid contractor for 8-16 hours a month.
Associate Copywriter Qualifications
- Professional, friendly demeanor.
- Experienced in the basics of marketing copywriting.
- Experienced with GoogleDocs.
- Must not only be organized … but truly have a love for organization!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of current creative industry trends and styles, with a finger on the pulse, so that your copy is relevant and modern!
- Dog love … ’cause two 80 lb. German Shepherd puppies will definitely be lumbering in the background on our calls.
- Understanding of proper tone, feeling, sentence structure, and grammar.
- Able to work 8-16 hours a month remote.
- Compensation is appx. $100-$125 an hour based on experience.
- Please note studio closed Saturdays and Sundays — go rest!
To apply, complete the application form no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 11, 2017.
Please note that we will do our very best to respond to each and every applicant, but truly, TRULY appreciate your thoughtful time and consideration.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
You may also be interested in: