Last week, I got to chit-chat with a new friend—and darling radio voice—Lauren Fronterra on her podcast The Real Female Entrepreneur! Today, I get to share the episode with ya, and I’m so very excited to bring it your way. 🙂
If you’ve noticed, I do a lot of podcast interviews, and it’s always funny to me how my palms sweat before each one—especially as someone who used to media train clients before they’d hop on the phone with a USA Today reporter … or create one-pagers to remind them of “do not forget to say this!” notes before CNBC interviews and ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
I know my way around an interview … and find myself nervous every.single.time.
Lauren didn’t let me sneak off by touching on how I struggled with an eating disorder and skedaddling the other direction—no way, she pushed me to hang out there and talk it out, and I so enjoyed it. 🙂
You know that turning point in your life when everything changed? We’ve all got them, and for me, it was my eating disorder recovery in 2015.
I realized no matter what rules you try to write for your life (“that could never happen to me, I’m a normal girl”), sometimes you find yourself at another crossroads … one you never saw coming.
In Episode 170: Battling an Eating Disorder, the Power of Words, and Making Rest a Priority, Lauren and I chat through my story from a more technical, less copywriting-focused standpoint.
Tune in to chat through:
- A bit of what it’s like to deal with anxiety and depression
- How I deal with being addicted to work + putting work before yourself and other important relationships
- The fears of niching down in your business (but why it worked for me!)
- How your physical and mental health directly affects your business’ bottom line
- Why I believe in making rest a priority—and how I took a sabbatical as an entrepreneur at age 27
- And more … !
Resources and tools we mentioned:
- Lara Casey
- Amy Porterfield
- Illume Retreat
- Christina Scalera
- Rachel Tenny
- “Rest” by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang
- Shanna Skidmor: The Blueprint Model Program
- James Wedmore
I DEFINITELY don’t have my own podcast, and I appreciate being able to bring you all the episodes that do have my own! Head here to see more podcast interviews I’ve done.
Interested in pitching your own business for podcasts? Here’s a FREE media tracker—the same one I use in my own business!