As my fingers tap this keyboard, I’m in fact crossing off one of the things you’ll ready below …
… so obviously, I’m a big believer in the “you’re 39% more likely to do any goal you write down” rule.
On my birthday last year, I published 60 things I wanted to do before I’m 30–an idea from sweet Emily at Southern Weddings and Marvelous Em–and, welp, might as well let you know how it’s going, since the clock’s reading that I’ve got 365 days to knock these out!
Are they crazy?
Not in the least.
But they’re mine–and that’s what matters.
Some of y’all know I’m moth-to-the-flame for goal-setting, and I’ve posted about it a few times. In essence, I HATED the idea until 2014: My college church (Church at Brook Hills) launched a Personal Disciple Making Plan, I decided maybe there was something holy, God-breathed in intentionally praying means to an end. After I realized goals didn’t completely stink, I moved on to Powersheets in 2015–a tool Lara Casey’s created that’s helped me view goals as grace-filled means to get to where you want to be when you’re 80 years old.
I posted about my June goals last week right here!
These 60 goals?
They’re just extra.
Kinda silly, in fact.
But because I’m in Napa, cheers-ing to my first time in California in part due to the fact that I wrote that I wanted this to happen …
I like goals. 🙂
Start date: June 2016| End date: June 2018
- Read Mere Christianity
- Memorize Romans 8. – Verses 1-6 CHECK! Miles to go before I sleep.
- Go to Europe with Wes – CHECK! We went for our first anniversary, and I was in HEAVEN! Here it is on Instagram!
- Start a joint savings account (um, it took us about 7 months to finally combine our accountsafter getting married … messy progress, y’all!) – CHECK!
- Run another half-marathon, MAYBE a full-marathon.
- Write out my eating disorder story so it can encourage another girl one day.
- Grow a vegetable garden.
- Hit Ashlyn Writes financial goals in 2016 – CHECK!
- … and 2017.
- Speak at 2 conferences/events, encouraging women with my story – CHECK!
- Be able to do a headstand for one minute in yoga.
- Then, be able to kick into a handstand in yoga with no wall — I’m TERRIFIED!
- Read “Boundaries” by Cloud and Townsend.
- Read “Praying God’s Word” by Beth Moore. – CHECK!
- Read “The Cost of Discipleship” by Bonhoeffer.
- Learn how to fry chicken.
- Explore California wine country with Wes– CHECK, as of TODAY!
- Make our master bedroom a retreat (aka buy dog beds, a chair, and curtains) – CHECK!
- Attend IAMPETH.
- Go to Guatemala for missions with the organization my sister-in-law worked for.
- Tackle one biz/marketing book each quarter.
- Visit a printshop in Atlanta to learn about the process.
- Run 2 5Ks with friends or family — not by myself!
- “Shoot the ‘Hooch” (float the river) here in Atlanta!
- Have someone over for a dinner party once a quarter.
- Grow a lemon tree and/or herb garden!
- Host a themed party at our home.
- Make an acrylic painting – CHECK! Loved Augusta NAME’s class here in Atlanta!
- Develop a repertoire of 12 healthy meals for our fam. – CHECK!
- Have a shop with intentional copywriting tools.
- Make a tool for prayer or Bible study for Ashlyn Writes shop.
- Learn Spencerian calligraphy hand!
- Figure out French braiding.
- Celebrate 1 year of marriage! – CHECK!
- … and 2 years of marriage!
- Cultivate a rose garden like my mama.
- Pray about growing a family. – CHECK!
- Give as much away as we spend on Christmas.
- Thank Southern Smash and tell her I needed her eating disorder story during it all. – CHECK!
- Study copywriting with another course – CHECK!
- Join a Bible study.
- Start a more regular tithe for our family as we figure out my new income. – the Copywriting for Creatives was able to give away a chunk, but we have a family meeting with Shanna Skidmore this August, and I’m so excited to dig into how my business can give back more.
- Pour into someone younger than me.
- Study the Bible the Women of the Word way – CHECK!
- Learn how to sew.
- … and French handsew from my mom.
- Visit Maine, where Wes has family!
- Save for and buy one more piece of art.
- See one concert at Red Rocks.
- Read the Magic Art of Tidying Up, and give things away – CHECK!
- Memorize 100 Bible verses.
- Find somewhere to regularly volunteer again.
- Go to two Atlanta Ballet shows a year — I NEED to experience art like this!
- Visit 3 art galleries in Atlanta.
- Make and organize a home management file. – CHECK!
- Finish up 2015 photo book. – Almost finished!
- … make 2016 photo book – CHECK!
- … and 2017 photo book.
- Finally finish college photo box!
- Make traveling ADPi consultant and first few years in ATL photo box!
I think I’ve got a little ways to go–Wes, when did you want to go to Red Rocks? 🙂
Okay, your turn! Have you posted a 60-before-[YEAR] list, and if so, can you post it below so I can read it!?